Nursing Assessment in the Clinical Setting ? Volume 1 ? The Circulatory System
Margaret Agard?(Author, Illustrator)
NURSING ASSESSMENT IN THE CLINICAL SETTING ??VOLUME 1 THE CIRCULATORY SYSTEM
This colorful book is the first ( Volume 1) in the series. It is?put together by a Registered Nurse with decades of experience in?Advanced Healthcare Facilities. This includes: PACU, ER, ICU,?CCU, Maternity and more.?This series of books on assessment of the body?s systems,?is designed to help the new or experienced nurse become?familiar with different clinical areas.?No one can determine when an emergency situation may?occur. The nurse who can challenge an environment that?is unfamiliar and do it successfully, is a winner.
Volume 1 covers Assessment of the Circulatory System and?The Basics of EKG reading. The illustrations are bold, humorous?and colorful. Learning is easy and enjoyable.
It must be remembered that although the information provided?is current, medical information is constantly changing.?Always follow your Institution?s Policies and Procedures and MD orders.
NURSING ASSESSMENT IN THE CLINICAL SETTING ? VOLUME 1
THE CIRCULATORY SYSTEM
1. Learning the basics of the EKG, the electrical conduction system
of the heart.
2. An introduction of assessment in the clinical setting
3. Sick sinus syndrome its causes and treatment, pacemaker insertion
4. Cardioversion versus Defibrillation
5. Lethal rhythms ? Ventricular Fibrillation and Ventricular Tachycardia
6. ABG ( Arterial Blood Gas)
7. What causes chest pain (Angina Pectoris)?
8. Chest pain assessment, pain scales and MI diagnosis.
9. The use of Nitroglycerin, Aspirin, Morphine and oxygen for chest pain
10. Cardiac stress test
11. The importance of patient and family education
12. What hemodynamics and ejection fraction mean
13. A description of the Circulatory System
14. The cardiac cycle
15. Auscultation of heart sounds and pulse checks
16. A description of arteries, veins and capillaries
17. IV site assessment
18. The PA ( Pulmonary Artery Catheter) and its uses
19. The Lymphatic System
20. The consequences of poor circulation
21. STEMI ( ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction) and Reperfusion Therapy
22. Mitral Valve Regurgitation, stroke symptoms and assessment
23. Heparin ? Anticoagulation Therapy
24. Homan?s sign
25. Renal Failure
26. CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) its causes, assessment and treatment
27. Anasarca, its causes, assessment and management
28. The Braden scale
29. Hyperkalemia, its causes, assessment and treatment
30. Hypokalemia , its causes, assessment and treatment
Print Length:?43 pages
Publisher:?Dear Nurses (May 18, 2013)
Sold by:?Amazon Digital Services, Inc.